Tidal Compensators - Made in the USA
For Use with Floating Boom and Barrier
Tidal Compensators adjust with changing water levels, so that you don't have to. Use the tidal adjusters with floating boom or turbidity curtain for installations at job sites subject to tidal conditions, or where water levels can fluctuate from wind, weather, or significant boat traffic.
How Tidal Compensators Work
Key to maintaining secure containment areas for water-based job sites, tidal compensators are anchoring devices that allow silt curtain, baffles, floating boom, and barrier to float with the changing water levels. Use them as a barrier or boom connector, anchoring the floating barrier to a secure point, such as a dock, pier, post, or piling.
Even when floating boom and turbidity curtain are installed correctly, without a tidal adjuster, job sites risk frequent compliance breaches as a result of these common occurrences:
- Anchored too high during low-water cycles.
When the tides go out (or water levels are low), floating boom or barrier that's anchored to a fixed point (without a tidal compensator) will leave a large air-born gap at each anchor point where pollutants can (and will) escape the containment area.
- Anchored too low during high-water cycles.
When the tides come in (or water levels are high), floating boom or barrier that's anchored to a fixed point (without a tidal compensator) will be submerged at each anchor point, leaving large exposed areas that allows pollutants to escape the containment area.
Tidal Compensators: The Convenient, Cost Effective Solution
This low-cost compliance solution for boom and turbidity curtain installation is easy to install and requires little to no maintenance. Install tidal compensators at the standard water level, on fixed points (such as pier, post, piling, or dock). Then connect the tidal compensator to the end of the barrier or boom via the ASTM universal connectors. When water levels change, the tide adjuster will automatically change to place the floating boom or barrier at the new water level. For extremely rough water conditions, the HD tidal compensator (compared to the standard adjuster to the right) offers a sturdier, smoother connection.
Tidal Compensators: Product Details
Made to your specifications, you can customize the tidal compensators to specific jobsite conditions and will fit easily into your budget.
- ASTM Connectors will attach the floating boom or barrier securely to the tidal compensator.
- The tidal compensator fitting connects to standard I-beams (2 ¾" or 4" sizes).
- Choose from either stainless steel or marine grade aluminum components per environmental conditions.
- Float sizes and slide rails lengths are selected to accommodate specific jobsite environments
Other Floating Boom & Turbidity Curtain Installation Accessories
Also important to ensuring the success of floating containment projects and their installations, are these floating boom/barrier accessories:
- Reefing Lines (factory installed, allow easy on-site adjustment to turbidity curtain depths)
- Tow Bridles (protect against towing-damage to floating boom and barrier during installation)
- Land Anchors (for securing boom/barrier to the shore)
- In-Water Anchor Kits & Buoys (pre-assembled anchoring kits that save time and hassle on the job site)
USA-Made Silt Curtain & Containment Boom
As your one-stop construction compliance supplier, you'll find that we provide quality-made materials at economical prices. Custom solutions are also available. We'll have your turbidity curtain and floating boom delivered on-time, and on-site in one convenient shipment.
- Type 1 Turbidity Curtain
- Type 2 Turbidity Curtain
- Type 3 Turbidity Curtain
- Floating Containment Boom