Vinyl Tank Repair Kit
For Fixing Potable Water, Fuel Storage, and Graywater Tanks
Potable water tanks, fuel storage tanks, folding frame tanks, and onion tanks are extremely durable and operate in many different environments throughout the world. However, sometimes they can become damaged or abraded, and need minor repairs.
The vinyl tank repair kit is a simple in-stock solution that GEI Works offers for a quick fix. When ordering, remember to provide information about your tank so that we can match the included fabric to your specific tank. Or simply add it to your initial purchase to ensure that a matching fabric for your tank is always on hand if you may need it.
The vinyl tank repair kit is a quick and easy way to fix pillow tank or bladder tank leaking. It can be customized to your tank's exact type of liquid storage. The vinyl repair kit includes everything you need to repair the fabric on your tank.
Tools Included in the Flexible Tank Repair Kit
- 1 sq. ft. of Vinyl (Matched to Your Tank's Material)
- Patch Roller
- 4 oz. Vinyl Cement
- Seam Roller
All items are contained inside a resealable storage bag.
Which Tanks Can Use This Kit?
Additional Helpful Accessories
- Ground Cloth
- Tank Covers
- Tank Repair Kits & Accessories
How to Use the Bladder Tank Repair Kit
- Clearly mark the repair area with permanent marker. Make sure that the vinyl repair patch will cover the entire damaged area, and then cut to size with the included scissors. Allow at least 2" of clearance beyond the damaged area so the repair patch can be properly adhered and seal the bladder tank.
- Clean the damaged area and patch surface with a vinyl friendly solvent. Allow to dry, then use the sandpaper to abrade the area you will be applying the vinyl cement. Be sure to sand the entire area that will be underneath the patch.
- Apply the vinyl cement to the repair area and underside of the patch, and then allow to dry. This gives the patch a tacky surface and ensures enough cement is applied to fully seal the tank. Apply a second coat of glue and place the patch onto the repair. Use the seam roller to flatten any air pockets or bubbles that may have appeared, and to ensure the patch is in full contact with the tank.
- Apply a thin coat of glue around the edges as a final sealant. Store unused material in the resealable bag.
For detailed step-by-step pictures and instructions, also look at the Vinyl Repair Kit PDF Flyer.