Silt Filter Bags for Sediment Dewatering
The Geotextile Bag is an economical filtration bag designed to help filter silt and sediment out of water. Bags are typically designed in either an 8 oz. or 10 oz. material to help handle various flow rates and sediment levels. Dewateringbags have been used on construction sites and dredging locations to contain and filter out sediment.
Standard Geotextile Bag Specifications
|8 oz. or 10 oz. Nonwoven Geotextile Fabric||4' x 6'||
Larger Sizing Options Available
|5' x 6'|
|6' x 6'|
|10' x 10'|
|10' x 15'|
|15' x 15'|
|15' x 20'|
|15' x 25'|
*Custom bags can also be made to accommodate requirements of your location. Please do not hesitate to ask!
All dewatering bags feature one (1) fill port that can accommodate pumps up to 4" in size. Larger fill ports can be built as needed.
Dewatering Bag Installation
- Lie the Bag Flat on the Ground
- Insert the Hose into the Bag
- Secure the Bag and Hose Together by Wire, Rope, or Clamps
- Monitor the Dewatering Process (Bags are filled when the bag stops filtering or passing water at a reasonable rate)
- Once Complete, Remove the Hose and Allow the Bag to Dry
- Dispose of the Sediment
Review our Complete Installation Guide for more information.